Alpha Chi Chapter History

1920  

Theta Chi brothers Roger Murphy and Lawrence Staf, along with Lawrence Remington (whose older brother was a Theta Chi) meet on a Syracuse bound train and discuss establishing a Theta Chi chapter at Syracuse University.  

 

1921

Alpha Kappa Epsilon created for the purpose of establishing a chapter of Theta Chi fraternity at Syracuse University.

 

1928

Alpha Chi Chapter Installation Proceedings, Alpha Kappa Epsilon disbanded.

 

1978

Golden Anniversary. Roger Murphy returns to Syracuse for first time in 38 years.  Last Alpha Kappa Epsilon member initiated into Theta Chi Fraternity.

 

1987

Property swap with Syracuse University. Alpha Chi Chapter moves to 403 Comstock Avenue.

 

2003

Seventy-Fifth Anniversary celebrated at 403 Comstock Avenue.

 

2005

Property swap with Syracuse University. Alpha Chi chapter moves to 711 Comstock Avenue. 

 

2017

Alpha Chi Chapter is the recipient of the 2016/2017 United Service Organization (USO) Service Award.

 

2018

Alpha Chi Chapter celebrates 90 years as chapter of Theta Chi fraternity at Syracuse University.